Saturday, October 1, 2011

(90%) Gone in 60 seconds

I've decided that I need a software that could lock a folder in my machine. On one hand, Since the open source software out there to deal with locking folders lack a GUI I like (and I'm a sucker for GUI eye candies), and on the other hand I'm just too lazy to write a kernel driver to hook to SSDT and use NewNtQueryDirectoryFile()  (kernel32.dll).

Enters Folder Lock from NewSoftwares, with an easy to use GUI, great features with a matching price - 50$

As much as I like supporting developers, 50$ was too rich for my blood so I’ve decided to remove it, and by doing that accidently found a way to get around the problem – TrialPay

TrialPay offers the product for free as long as you purchase something else from them.

Browsing a bit, I’ve found a game I like for 10$ before a 10% discount. To that add the fact that new users get a 50% off on their first purchase.

So instead of purchasing a 50$ worth of software I’ve ended up with a free software plus a nifty game for 4.5$… not too shabby :)

Think about it next time you’d want to buy a software online.

Cheers ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment